Friday, November 4, 2011

Facebook n' Pudding...

Facebook really isn't one of my favorite websites out there.  Actually, this site is my favorite.  BUT I will admit that I'm addicted to Facebook and it's entertainment value.

I have a nice number of friends on there from all stages of my life.  A few of the people I have known my entire life, family, people I went to high school with.  It's no different that yours I'm sure.  Thing is, some people REALLY love Facebook.  They love posting things on Facebook.  And I love reading their postings on Facebook.  I've become more of a watcher than a participant.

Just like everything else internet, sometimes I think people forget that once you put something online, it's there forever... even if you delete it.  If the page has been cached, you are screwed and chances are it has been not long after it's posted.  Sometimes I'm surprised but most of the time I'm amused.  I LOVE reading what people post on Facebook.  Sometimes it's shocking.  Sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's informative.

If I were more of a participant, here's what today's postings would have looked like:

8:00am-  YES, I'm finally out of bed... taking the dogs out for their morning pee.

8:10am-  Left Sophie outside.  Spudward and I are watching the news.

10:00am- Maury's on.  Woo hoo!

10:30am- The kids are here and Spudward thinks they came over just to see him.

12 noon- Just got a text about an item on CraigsList.  Woo hoo!

12:15pm- Just talked to Sweets on the phone about the value of a Marilyn Monroe Playboy.  Looked it up on Ebay and found out my guesstimate on the current value was right on.  Damn I know my stuff!

1:00pm- Taking a shower so I can get ready to meet the CraigsList person & take Ebay stuff to the post office.

2:00pm- Just left the CraigsList meeting.  Yay!  We are richer now than we were 10 minutes ago.  Going to the post office.  Hope traffic isn't too bad.

2:45pm-  Just got home.  Logging on Ebay to do a few listings.  Sophie pooped on the dining room floor even though she was outside for the last 5 hours.  Grrrr!  We need another kennel.

3:30pm- Just saved the carpet in my office.  Spudward was gagging like he was going to puke so I ran him outside.  Thank goodness it was just a dry heave.

4:00pm- Sweets will be home any time now.  

4:30pm- Found a box of vintage cufflinks in the basement.  Tried to call Mom about them but got no answer.

5:00pm- Sweets and I decided on Cheesey Hashbrowns Hamburger Helper for dinner.

5:30pm- Started eating the Hamburger Helper.

6:00pm- Put reindeer antlers on the dogs.  They were PISSED but it was REALLY funny!

6:05pm- Uploaded the dog pics!  Tell me what you think.

7:00pm- Ironically enough, I started craving pudding after zipping through the current timeline of updates on Facebook.  Couldn't decide if I wanted chocolate or vanilla so I had both.  Spudward had a teeny bit of chocolate.  It's his favorite.

7:15pm- Started writing a blog about Facebook and pudding.  I love pudding.

So, looks like my day was pretty uneventful.  

But this weekend will be awesome!  I'm posting pictures on Monday.  Probably to Facebook.

Happy Friday my friends!




  1. Mmmmmmmmm pudding :-)

    My timeline would have been like

    8am - doing nothing

    12pm - doing nothing

    4pm - doing nothing. LOL

    Typical saturday. Less than a week until the overnight Ghost Hunt at the Shawshank Redemption prison.

    Chris :-)

  2. OOH! Let me know how that ghost hunt goes! That sounds really awesome!

  3. Lanie,

    I will let you know. We are stocked with digital recorder, camcorder and soon to be created ghost box. Temperature gun and K2 meter. We are going to get some EVP's for sure.

    Chis :-)

  4. Lanie,

    The Ghost Hunt was awesome. A road was closed when we got close and luckily we found a way to the prison with 45 minutes to spare before registration started. n the bright side we found a much straightforward way to go that will not be closed anytime soon.

    We went on a tour and "light's out" was a little after 9PM. We spent about 4 to 4 1/2 hours of investigating. We had a couple of "personal" experiences and we are reviewing audio and video.

    We had an awesome experience. We have been waiting for years to go and have the kind of access we did. About 90 to 95% of the entire prison was available to us. The number of people (about 75 or so) made it tough to review audio as you don't know if it is someone from the group or not.

    We stopped and had breakfast and I got home about 8:00 AM on Saturday.

    Chris :-)


Say want you want but be nice or be gone. :)